Horde - web based E-mailservice in Linux hosting plan consist of an option which allows you to get E-mails from other E-mail accounts.
Caution: If the E-mail account that you wish to transfer from is holding many large size of E-mails or mailbox is large, we adviseyou do the transferring after office hour due to it will cause high load to theserver.
- You are required to create E-mail account in Linux server before proceed to the next step. Next, login Horde web mail. (http://www.yourdomain.com/webmail)
- Follow the step 1 to 4 with the following pictures to setup Fetch Mail. Fetch Mail allows you to transfer mail from other E-mail accounts.
- After click on Edit your preferences for accessing other mail accounts., choose optionCreate a New Account.
- Under Mail server type to connect to:, choose IMAP/POP 3 Mail Servers. You will see the screen appears as below.
Please fill in other mail account details as below:
Account's name: Enter your name
Protocol: Select protocol that you use at other mail account
Username: Enter full name of email address for account that will be getting from e,g: firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: Enter password
Server: Enter mail.yourdomain.com
Remote Mailbox: Enter E-mail address (same as username)
Local Mailbox: Select mailbox that you wanted to transfer from
Note: You are required to tick Fetch messages upon logging on?
- Once you have entered above information, click Create to complete the setup of Fetch Mail.
- At the moment, you are ready to transfer the emails from other email account. Return to Inbox, follow the steps as in the following picture.
- Once you click on Fetch Mail, you will get a message Fetchmail: Fetched [number of message(s)] messages from [Account's name].